Road safety is vital, but not every cyclist needs the turn-signals embedded in our Commuter jacket.
In fact, many non-cyclists love the Highlight – wearing it for outdoor activities including walking the dog!
With integrated high intensity lights (a pair of front-facing 3-LED strips and a red 5-LED strip on the tail), the Highlight is our entry-level jacket. The rainproof and breathable fabric with full ventilation means that you’ll get all of the benefit of a fresh, comfortable outdoor experience.
To turn the Highlight on, press the red button on the battery (through the power symbol on the front of the jacket). Press again to activate each of 3 flash settings: slow, fast and constant. Press once more to switch all of the lights off.
A fourth mode, rapid flicker, indicates ‘low battery warning’.
INTEGRATED HIGH INTENSITY LED LIGHTS
Improved visibility enhances safety. The Visijax® Highlight features incredibly bright lights embedded right into the jacket. Even the red 5-LED strip on the tail is visible from 400 metres away! A pair of white 3-LED strips are positioned on the upper chest. Lights located higher in a jacket than on a bike means a greater chance of being seen.
WATERPROOF AND BREATHABLE
The Highlight utilises high-quality components, to keep you safe, warm and dry. With a breathability rating of 5000g and waterproofness of 10,000mm, tested to ISO 811:1981, you can enjoy comfortable riding in typical conditions, rain or shine. Washable on a delicates setting at low temperature with a non-abrasive detergent: detach battery first. Outer: Polyester jacquard pongee. Lining: 100% Polyester.
RECHARGEABLE USB BATTERY
The Highlight is powered by a lithium-ion battery which offers over 20 hours of continual light in normal usage. There are three settings operated by touch-control– quick flash, slow flash and constant – plus a fourth mode: rapid-flash low-battery warning. Recharging is via a USB–mini-USB cable (supplied), to your laptop or a USB-enabled plug (required). Full charge is reached in approx. 4 hours. Please refer to FAQ Battery Section for further information,
Washing & Care Instructions
Each Highlight jacket is shipped with ‘swing-tag hangers’ – usually snipped off with a pair of scissors as fast as possible, so you can get out there to show off your shiny new piece of kit to your friends.
Hang on a minute…to the hangers: don’t bin them!
We go to a lot of trouble to make sure you receive the highest quality products and all we’re asking is for you to spend a little bit of time now to read the care instructions, to ensure you get the best out of it for years to come.
Everything you need to know about looking after your Highlight is on those ‘swing-tags’ and on the sewn-in care label.
As a little reminder, though, here are the key points:
- Remove control unit before cleaning. This means detach the battery!
- Please do not bend internal electronics. It’s not big and and it’s not clever. They won’t work well if you do that and it means you void your warranty. Not cool.
- What is cooler, is the wash temperature that we recommend: 30-degrees on a gentle setting (e.g. Delicates), half-load with a short-spin.
- Do NOT use biological detergents or softeners. It may damage the waterproof properties.
- Do NOT wring. Or ring us to complain if you did. It’s the whole warranty thing. Drip-dry, if you please.
- Do NOT bleach. Do what you like with your hair, just keep the chemicals away from the product.
- Do NOT tumble dry.
- Do NOT dry-clean.
- Do NOT iron.
- Do NOT expose your Highlight to extreme temperatures.
- Do enjoy wearing it and using it!