Designed as a summer alternative to the Visijax jacket range, the Gilet (sleeveless vest) is close-fit and lightweight for enhanced movement. The Gilet is also perfect for jogging, equestrian and other outdoor activities.
As with the rest of the Visijax range, a detachable, rechargeable USB battery powers 11 integrated high intensity LEDs – A pair of white, front-facing 3-LED strips and a red 5-LED strip on the back – providing ample illumination, even in daylight, for more than 20 hours at normal usage.
At the start of your ride, press the red button on the battery (through the power symbol on the front of the Gilet) to switch the lights on. There are 3 flash settings – slow, fast, constant – plus a fourth, rapidly flashing, mode to warn you of low battery charge. Press again to switch off all of the lights.
Integrated High Intensity LED Lights
Improved visibility enhances safety. The Visijax® Gilet features incredibly bright embedded lights. Even the red 5-LED strip on the tail is visible from 400 metres away! A pair of white 3-LED strips are positioned on the upper chest – a greater chance of being seen.
The Gilet utilises high-quality components, to keep you safe, fresh and comfortable. With a breathability rating of 5000g, you can enjoy riding or running, with added cooling via the mesh panel. Washable on a delicates setting at low temperature with a non-abrasive detergent: detach battery first. Outer: Polyester jacquard pongee. Lining: 100% Polyester.
Rechargeable USB Battery
Our Gilets are powered by a lithium-ion battery offering over 20 hours of continual light in normal usage. There are three settings operated by touch-control– quick flash, slow flash and constant – plus a fourth mode: rapid-flash low-battery warning. Full charge is reached in approx. 4 hours. Recharging is via a USB–mini-USB cable (supplied), to your laptop or a USB-enabled plug (required).
Washing & Care Instructions
Each Gilet is shipped with ‘swing-tag hangers’ – usually snipped off with a pair of scissors as fast as possible, so you can get out there to show off your shiny new piece of kit to your friends.
Hang on a minute…to the hangers: don’t bin them!
We go to a lot of trouble to make sure you receive the highest quality products and all we’re asking is for you to spend a little bit of time now to read the care instructions, to ensure you get the best out of it for years to come.
Everything you need to know about looking after your Gilet is on those ‘swing-tags’ and on sewn-in care label.
As a little reminder, though, here are the key points:
- Remove control unit before cleaning. This means detach the battery!
- Please do not bend internal electronics. It’s not big and and it’s not clever. They won’t work well if you do that, you see, and that means you void your warranty. Not cool.
- What is cooler, is the wash temperature that we recommend: 30-degrees on a gentle setting (e.g. Delicates), half-load with a short-spin.
- Do NOT use biological detergents or softeners. It may damage the product or certain components.
- Do NOT wring. Or ring us to complain if you did. It’s the whole warranty thing. Drip-dry, if you please.
- Do NOT bleach. Do what you like with your hair, just keep the chemicals away from the product.
- Do NOT tumble dry.
- Do NOT dry-clean.
- Do NOT iron.
- Do NOT expose your Gilet to extreme temperatures.
- Do enjoy wearing it and using it!